Have you enjoyed our bible crafts for the days of creation? Well, if so, you’ll love our next creation craft for preschoolers and any age that’s very easy to assemble. Plus, it’s a great bible activity to do with the kids that leads you into a wonderful discussion about God’s creation.
We’ve showcased other fun and simple bible crafts about creation including this creation craft using paper plates. and creation worksheets. Now it’s time to create a colorful and creative book using cupcake liners, some glue, scissors, and paper.
Creation Craft Book with Cupcake Liners
Creation Craft Book Supplies
Days of Creation Craft Book Instructions
- Cupcake liners
- Mini cupcake liners
- Template printed on white and/or light blue cardstock
- Google Eyes
- Red yarn
- First, print the template. The title page, Day 1, Day 6 and 7 can be printed on white cardstock, the rest of the pages can be printed on light blue cardstock.
2. Creation Day 1: Cut the cupcake liner in 4 pieces and glue to the 4 corners.
3. Day 2: Cut two dark blue cupcake liners in half. Glue three halves to the bottom of the page to form the ocean. Take four white mini cupcake liners and glue them to the top to form clouds.
4. Day 3: Snip the border of one green cupcake liner all around the edge. Then cut the green cupcake liner in half and glue to the bottom of the page to create grass or ‘land’. Grab a pink cupcake liner and snip the border, glue it near the top of the page in the center. Take a yellow mini cupcake liner and glue it to the center to form a flower. Finish the flower by using a green marker to make a stem and leaf.
5. Day 4: Create a sun by snipping along the edge of a yellow cupcake liner. Glue to the bottom right of the page. Create a crescent moon by flattening a white cupcake liner and cutting a curved line. Glue the moon to the left top of the page.
6. Day 5:
Step 1 – Make the fish by starting out with an orange cupcake liner glued to the bottom of the page. Grab a mini yellow cupcake liner and cut it in half, then take one of the halves and cut it in half again. Take one fourth and glue it to the right side of the orange cupcake liner to create the fish’s tail fin. Glue the half yellow mini cupcake liner in the middle of the orange liner to create the side fin. Finish the fish by drawing on a smile with the marker and popping on a google eye.
7. Day 5:
Step 2 – Make the bird by taking a purple cupcake liner and cutting it in half. Glue it on an angle to the top of the page. Now take the remaining one fourth of the mini yellow cupcake liner and glue it to the curved edge of the purple cupcake liner to create the bird’s beak. Take a blue mini cupcake liner and cut it in half. Glue one half to the purple cupcake liner to create a wing.
8. Day 6:
Step 1: To create the lion, take an orange cupcake liner and snip along the edge. Glue it to the top left of the paper. Now take a yellow mini cupcake liner and glue it to the center of the orange liner. Stick on some google eyes and draw on a nose and mouth to complete the lion.
Step 2: To create the man, take a white cupcake liner and glue it to the bottom right of the page. Stick on some google eyes and draw on a smile and hair.
9. Day 7: Take a blue cupcake liner and glue it to the center of the page. Take a green cupcake liner and cut some ‘land’ pieces from it and glue it on the blue liner.
10. Finally color the cover page. Embellish the cover by creating a sun at the bottom. Grab an orange cupcake liner and snip the edge. Cut it in half and glue it to the bottom. Now take a yellow cupcake liner and snip the edge. Cut it in half and glue it to the bottom. Fray the edges so both colors can be seen.
11. To bind the book, gather all the pages and hole punch. Weave a piece of yarn through and tie. You can also opt to simply staple the pages as well.
Can’t get enough creation crafts for preschoolers? Try our creation activity packet that’s full of goodies including games, worksheets, mazes, and more!