Easy crafts that are creative and not kill the budget are a perfect solution for schooling at home, homeschooling, church camp, and Sunday School. We’ve been sharing a lot of adorable rainbow crafts as a Noah’s Ark theme on God’s promises. Here’s an innovative rainbow craft for kids that will keep them occupied for the entire class.
With only 5 materials you can find at home or church, plus, 8 step by step instructions, you’re guaranteed a successful and peaceful craft time. This is a great bible craft for camp, especially outdoors, where they can get a little messy and clean up is a breeze. Remember to remind the kids what the rainbow means — God’s promise that He will never flood the earth again. What a wonderful and beautiful promise sign!
Rainbow Craft Handprint Flip Supplies
Grab some paper plates, crayons, paints, scissors, and a glue stick before you get started. The Rainbow Craft materials and instructions are below.
- 2 Paper plates
- Blue crayon
- Glue stick
Rainbow Craft Instructions Step by Step
1. First color the bottom half of the concave side of one plate with the blue crayon or colored pencil to make the water. Don’t use a marker, the painted handprint on top will make the marker bleed.
2. Paint the child’s hand brown and make a print on the water to create an ark.
3. While you wait for that to dry, take the other plate and cut it in half.
4. Now fold that piece in half and draw a line with a pencil on the convex side. Take the plate with the ark and draw a line down the middle top half as well.
5. Next, make a fingerprint rain cloud with gray paint and fingerprint raindrops with blue paint on the left side of the pencil line on the ark plate.
6. Make a rain cloud and raindrops to the right convex side of the plate half as well. Allow time to dry.
7. Once dry, flip the plate half over to the concave side. Have the child make a fingerprint rainbow by starting with red along the edge and move inward with each color.
8. Once that is dry, fold the half plate and place glue on the back of the right side (the only part that isn’t painted). Stick it to the ark plate on the right side of the top (the only part that isn’t painted).
Now the child can flip from rainy to rainbow!
Looking for more Rainbow or Noah’s Ark Crafts that are super easy and adorable to make? Try these…